Wednesday, April 11, 2007

The Perception of Global Warming

Being the open minded and logical individual that I am, I believe firmly in global warming and that its escalating damage to the earth is not merely CO2 cycles. So, today I was reading the Time issue about global warming and it occurred to me that although many people in the population believe in global warming, there is still a large segment that doesn't. I do not see how any person who researches the topic of global warming would continue to disbelieve its presence, and, in many articles and broadcasts by the media I do not see one shred of evidence to the contrary. Therefore, the most likely thing that I can think of is that people subconsciously choose to disbelieve in global warming because they are scared to accept the reality, or they are simply ignorant. There may be evidence to the contrary, but I think it would be very small.

I would like to know if others hold the same opinion that I do. I would also like to know if they think otherwise and why. Feel free to leave a comment. I hope you enjoyed my first post and continue to read my blog.

2 comments:

chaosgone said...

Some people refuse to believe in global warming, because they do not like change; they want the world to stay the way it is. So, if someone tells them that global warming is not happening, they are happy to believe that person.

CNic said...

I know that, being the open minded individual you are, you follow the mainstream belief that global warming is caused by CO2. Unfortunately, recent studies have found a strong correlation between cosmic rays and temperature, mainly that cosmic rays decrease temperature by breaking up clouds. More material can be found at http://www.globalwarmingawarenessblog.com/globalwarming-is-due-to-sun-activity-and-not-co2.html